A lot of people have been approaching us lately asking for recommendations on the best data recovery software for Windows and macOS (Mac) operating system.
Well, instead of replying each and every one individually, we chose to write a detailed review for one of the best free data recovery software out there so as to help everyone who is in need of a trustable data recovery software.
EaseUS is one of the top-rated software developers in the world and has a lot of products including data recovery wizards, partition manager tools, backup and restore software, data transfer tools, system optimization tools, file syncing tools, and much more.
EaseUS has over 14 years of experience in making software solutions, has a presence in over 160 countries and has an active customer base of over 10 million.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Review
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is one of the most used software by the developer to recover deleted files quickly & easily. Below we will be reviewing the different key aspects of this great recovery software.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard features a simple user interface and is quite easy to get used to, regardless of whether you are a pro or amateur in using recovery software.
The layout of the software is quite easy to understand and in data recovery using the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard just takes a couple of clicks.
All you need to do in order to recover data is to pick the drive you wish to scan and then perform the scan.
Once the scan is completed, you get the option to pick the data to be restored and also select the location where the recovered data will be restored.
- Ability to preview recovery scan results so that you can pick the data you want to recover and prevent unwanted data from being recovered.
- Export scan results so that you can import the same results for future recovery scan and resume scanning so as to save time.
- Recover almost any file types and formats including complex file formats like “.flac” in the highest possible quality.
- Scan hidden and system files.
- Search for specific file or folder using keywords after the scan is complete.
- 2GB data recovery limit on the free version of the software.
- Ability to recover lost or deleted files and folders from local hard disk drives and external drives or devices.
- Directly save recovered data to the cloud.
The performance of the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can be measured in two ways.
One is the way the software responds in normal use and the other being the time taken to complete scanning and recover files or folders.
The response time of the software is snappy and the software does not lag at all. Most of the recovery tools consume a lot of hardware resources like disk space and RAM while executing which makes it difficult to use such applications with other apps running in the background.
On the other hand, the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard consumes minimal system resources and can easily be used along with other applications and services running in the background.
The time that is taken to scan and recover files and folders largely depends on the size of the disk you are trying to scan and how well you filter the scan.
Before scanning, you can filter to only search for specific file formats, which will drastically reduce the scan time and will produce results faster.
Also, if you are scanning to recover files from an external drive, then the time taken will be higher than scanning a local hard disk drive.
The EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is compatible with both the Windows and Mac (macOS) operating systems.
For Windows systems, the operating system version should be Windows XP and above. And for Mac systems, the version should be macOS 10.14 and above, all the way to the latest OS X 10.6.
Once the 2GB recovery limit is reached, you will need to upgrade to the paid version so as to continue using the software.
The EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Windows is priced at $82.54 and the macOS version of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is priced at $89.95.
For macOS users, if you wish to use the recovery software as a bootable media so that you can boot macOS back in case of an OS crash, then you will need to pay $129.90 in total for both the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac and the Bootable Media support.
How to Download EaseUS Recovery Wizard & Install on Windows/macOS?
Below is the steps to download and install the EaseUS Recovery Wizard Free software on any Windows or macOS system.
- First of all, download EaseUS Recovery Wizard installer for Windows or MacOS from below link.
- After the downloading completes, Launch the EaseUS Recovery Software installer file.
- Complete the on-screen instructions to install the EaseUS Recovery on your system.
- Now, You can Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Software shortcut that should appear on your system desktop once the installation completes successfully.
How to Recover Data on Windows/Mac using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free?
Below are the steps you need to follow in order to recover data using the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard free software. The below steps can be followed on systems running both the Windows and Mac (macOS) operating systems.
- To begin with the data recovery, first Launch the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard on your Windows or Mac system.
- Once the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard free software launches, you will be asked to start by selecting the location where you wish to perform the recovery scan. You can either choose a hard disk drive on your system, an externally connected device or drive, or even a specific location.
- After selecting the location for scanning, just click on the “Scan” button.
- The scanning procedures will now begin. Wait for the scanning to complete successfully and it might take some time depending on the size of the disk you chose to scan.
- When the scan completes, all the data that can be recovered will be categorized and shown within the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard window.
- Select the files or folders that you wish to recover from the list and then select the location where you wish to store the recovered data. Make sure that you do not store the data from where it was lost earlier.
- Now, click on the “Recover” button.
- Wait for the recovery procedure to complete.
- Once the recovery completes, you will be notified about the same.
And that is how you can easily recover lost or deleted files and folders using the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free software on Windows and Mac systems.
We hope that this in-depth review of the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard free software was helpful to you.
EaseUS Data Recovery is really great software tool for recovering Data on Windows or MacOS.
In case you have any doubts or queries about the EaseUS data recovery wizard, do mention them as a comment below and we will provide you with the appropriate answers for your questions.