Google Map Alternatives: If you want to try something different in the navigation rather than Google Maps? There some top non-notch navigation apps for Android, which you can try. With the help of navigation apps, you can easily reach your destination.
For this, all you need to have is a proper internet connection. Undoubtedly, Google Maps is the best navigation app which comes with amazing features. Along with this, we have furnished the Top 10 Google Map Alternative App for Android.
Nowadays, navigation becomes quite handy for many people that help in finding the correct route to reach the destination. Apart from Google Maps, there are various alternative navigation apps are available. There are two types of apps, the one offer offline navigation and another doesn’t.
Table of Contents
Top 10 Google Map Alternatives for Android:
The offline navigation apps don’t need internet connection during navigation and it will save storage data and time. Another navigation app doesn’t offer offline navigation but provides the additional information about live traffic updates. Without further ado, check out the list of Top 10 Google Map Alternative Apps for Android.
It is one of the low key navigation applications that can lead you in any part on the earth even without an internet connection. People can use it at any time and anywhere even if they didn’t have the data plan on their mobiles.
- The MapFactor consists of GPS features, basic navigation options and it uses OpenStreetMap option.
- Through this OpenStreetMap, you want to get free offline maps that are updated monthly, if you are interested.
- It consists of additional options, but they are available for the paid version.
- Some of the amazing features include in the app are 2D and 3D modes, voice directions, day and night themes, cross-border running and much more.
- This app also supports in various countries throughout the world.
This app is compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows at free of cost. It is a part of a Bing suite of search engines which is owned by Microsoft. Bing Maps has several handy options and it is considered as one of the best alternatives for Google Maps.
- It is embedded with various features such as aerial view, 2D and 3D views, venue maps, traffic overlay, road view and much more.
- In real time it also provides transit directions, cycling, and driving.
- It gives traffic updates in four different color codes, namely green, yellow, red, black which denotes high traffic to low traffic.
- Through this app, a user can easily get the directions from one place to another place.
HERE WeGo – Offline Maps & GPS
Here WeGo is the navigation software was developed by Here Global B.V and it is a five star rated maps. It is referred to as one of the few competitors to the Google Maps as it comes with voice assistant.
- Here WeGo app works on offline also and it navigates from one location to another location even if there is no internet connection.
- All you need to do is, just enter the address or landmark mark in the app and the software automatically shows you the directions.
- Users can also alter the maps with the help of this Here WeGo app.
This app is available for iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows and Symbian at free of cost. It is referred to as world’s largest community-based GPS Navigation and Traffic software. The usage of the app is very easy because of its simple user-friendly interface.
- It easily provides the turn by turn navigation to reach your desired location.
- Its highly interactive system allows the user to warn about speed cams, hazards, changes in traffic and much more.
- Waze app recommends you the alternate route without any hassle to reach your destination.
- It consists another interesting feature that is, you can know your friend’s location if they are driving in the same location just by connecting to Facebook.
It is one of the best and excellent navigation applications that provides fast, free, detailed turn by turn navigation for the users. This app consists of all necessities that you want from it.
- It gives you the information about traffic info, cycling navigation, public transport and much more.
- It is a free, fast and one of the best alternative apps that provides you turn by turn navigation for walking, driving, and cycling.
- If you don’t have a proper internet connection, then don’t worry, the Maps.me always there for you which it works even in offline.
- It has a facility to save and share your most visited locations.
- People can search through various categories such as restaurants, cafes, hotels, tourist attractions, public transport and nearest ATM’s.
- You can share your location as a text message and also via social media.
It is one of the powerful GPS navigation systems which provides the navigation even there are no roads. It was developed by the DS Software and made available to download on Google Play Store at free of cost.
- It allows the user to OpenStreetMap, MapQuest maps, Google Maps, and Cycle Route Maps.
- This navigation app is considered as all in one application and most of the time it succeeds.
- This app consists of features like trail recording, turn by turn directions, multiple coordinate formats, waypoint management system and much more.
- Polaris is quite handy for the users with its features for activities like fishing, camping, hiking, hunting and many other outdoor activities.
- It is rated as world’s first navigation apps for providing directions for places with no roads.
It is a free American online web mapping application that provides the users up-to-date information about traffic. It offers the people best navigation services so that they reach their destination very easily.
- It gives the updated details about live vector maps and satellite imagery for both walking and driving directions.
- You can easily locate the nearby points of your interest through this app.
- This application offers you the best services such as voice-guided and turns by turn navigation to reach your destination easily.
- In case, if your car or bike broke down, you can access on-demand roadside assistance for help directly.
- It reminds you about the weather daily. If the weather is rainy, it recommends you to carry an umbrella.
- It is available for free to download for Windows, iOS, and Android devices.
If you are stuck in the middle of nowhere and want some help, then this BackCountry Navigator app can assist you.It provides the instructions if you are stuck in the middle of a forest or at mountainside or even worst places.
- This app is specially designed for the hikers, drivers and who want to travel too far.
- It is the best GPS applications that make use the detailed topography once you installed the app on your smartphone.
- It uses GPS and let the user manually enter the longitude and latitude coordinates of the location.
- BackCountry Navigator uses the reliable sources like USTopo, Cycle Route Maps OpenCycleMaps and much more.
- It is available to download from Google Play Store at free of cost.
Scout GPS is an older GPS application but comes with all latest features. Before it was called as TeleNav and now it changed its name, appearance, icon and provides a new look to the users.
- It is a location-based navigation app, that focus more on people than navigation.
- That means, you can do text with your ETA and also alert you when others needs you.
- It is available to download from Google Play Store.
Our list won’t complete without mentioning about this Google alternative GPS app named CoPilot. It is one of the most trusted apps with a user database of more than 16 million people using this application.
- It makes you plan clearly for an upcoming trip.
- It works even in offline and it consists of features like clear voice directions, powerful route planning, driver friendly directions and reliable offline GPS.
Hence, these are Top 10 Google Map Alternative App for Android, which provides clear direction and updated information for the users. You can download and install the application that you are interested in and experience its best features. If you have any doubts about this topic, just drop them in the comment box below.